Thursday 9 February 2017

La La Land


It's been a while since I fell in love with a movie. La La Land did just that, taking my heart and breath away when I saw it last week. It's magical. And just like being truly in love with something or someone, you're really not quite sure why but there's just something that grabs you and never lets you go. It's all of it - the acting, the singing, the dancing, the storyline, the settings, the editing, characters, directing, costumes  ....

I absolutely love EVERYTHING about it and will applaud every award it receives. When they eventually turn it into a stage musical, I hope to be there in the stalls humming, singing, foot tapping away. And wiping a tear.

A look in somebody's eyes
To light up the skies
To open the world and send it reeling
A voice that says, I'll be here
And you'll be alright


No comments: