Friday 29 July 2011

Sexbomb


Tom Jones. Legend. End of
 I had been meaning to post this since arriving back home Wednesday evening but this is the first opportunity I have had to do so.  I'm still in awe of the man!


Wed 27th July 2011
On the train home from Sandown Park

"Sexbomb sexbomb you're my sexbomb
you can give it to me when i need to come along...."


I've had a verrry long day today culminating in seeing Wales' finest export Sir Tom Jones at Sandown Park. What an absolute legend. 71 years young and still grooving with the best of them.  The man is phenomenal.  His voice is still as strong and the timbre extraordinary. Singing live, he really does sound like his records. 

Sir Tom sung a lot more rhythm and blues and boogie woogie which I didn't mind (although some of the crowd did get twitchy during this bit) and what with his voice and his rather good band made for a little bit mental dancing from us!  Loved the arrangement of 'Delilah!' He funked it up a bit with some Spanish guitars and trumpets and what with the sell out crowd singing along too made this the highlight for me.

Prior to Sir Tom making his appearance, as it was Sandown Park we had a flutter on the horses. Out of the four races we bet on, Mat and I got a big fat nothing! Nada. Horse racing is definitely not our thing!

To be fair, my strategy of putting money on a horse because a) I thought the jockey's face was cute and  b) The horse's name sounded good was never going to bring in the big bucks!

All this whilst having a picnic too with Mat and his work colleagues. Sage's tiramisu was to die for. The woman deserves a prize - it was that good! Apparently, it's all in the masala wine.

Anyway, you can leave your hat on as it's not unusual because the green green grass of home beckons. D'ya get what I did there?!

Time to go I think!

No comments: