Monday 11 July 2011

Yes - Mat and I are engaged

Emerald cut diamond with step baguette diamonds Art Deco style

BLING!!

Just in case you are reading this blog from the bottom up, yes you read that correctly from my previous post.  I finally now have an engagement ring I absolutely love.


I think we have informed most people but apologies if we have not got around to telling you. We will be celebrating it in some way, but to confirm, Mat and I are engaged. It happened during our Indonesia trip. Specifically, on Friday 13th May whilst watching an electrical storm on Pemuteran beach at Taman Sari resort, northern Bali. It's a good job we're not superstitious!

Unfortunately, the gesture ring Mat bought for the occassion wasn't really 'me' so I got him to swap it for a lovely watch 
instead :-) To mark the passage of time and one year since my cancer diagnosis.

He knows I am a fussy cow so was kind of expecting this.  Anyway, above is my engagement ring. I am very lucky. I have a beautiful ring that I have always wanted but most of all, a most generous and amazing husband-to-be :-)

No date set or even plans made so don't get too excited. We've been together nearly nine years now so you can't really hurry these things...

Watch this blog!



No comments: