Monday 21 March 2016

Keeping loud sad thoughts at bay

The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly

- F. Scott Fitzgerald


I know the above feeling well and to stop myself going crazy, cheer myself up and/or both, I've been keeping myself busy to keep depressive feelings at bay. I'
ve already told you about some of the things I've been up to recently and here are some more. I don't know if there is a right way to get rid of the sad moods and anxious thoughts I have but sometimes keeping busy is the only way the loud, sad noises in my head can be suppressed. I don't have a choice. It's that or curling up in a ball and crying and I'm sick and tired of that. So are my eyes.

So in photos and in no particular order, some more reasons to stay alive (thank you Matt Haig for such an important book):

- Spending time with the wonderful children in my life with their various quirky personalities and funny ways. 

- Spending time with my wonderful family and friends.

- Going for a walk in Greenwich park and stuffing my face with delicious curry afterwards.

He gives good hugs!

Doing my best Japanese tourist impression straddling
the Greenwich Meridian Line

The sort of tree a child would draw if you asked a child to draw
a tree - in Greenwich Park

Me and Martha with Sarah's wedding venue in the background
at Greenwich Park

- Enjoying the 'Cocktails In the City' event in Marylebone and meeting fun and cool people and obviously getting hideously drunk in the process with Sarah!
Me and Sarah at the Cahoots photoboard

More cocktails - I don't even remember the names of these ones!


- Beer can chicken with Steve.


Steve trying to be demure having demolished
a whole roast chicken with me!


- Watching 'Billy Elliot' the play with Kira and unexpectedly sobbing at key moments.

- Going to a music gig at the Roundhouse in Camden to see 'Some Velvet Morning' with Alex, Rhian and Sarah and having a fab time.

- Watching and finally getting to meet this man, one of our great adventurers, Andy Kirkpatrick at possibly the nicest venue I have seen him in - the Royal Institute in Piccadilly. What a great guy he is and thanks for the hug Andy :) Come back to social media soon please lovely man!



Andy Kirkpatrick in full flow at the Royal Institute

- Managing to complete an epic north London walk with Sam reminiscing as we wandered through the delights of Highgate, Hampstead, Camden and Kings Cross.


Me and Sam
outside Kenwood House in Hampstead Heath
Me in Highgate Cemetery

There's loads more but I'm getting tired and memory is fading. Besides it will be good discipline for me to update this blog little and often ongoing.

Thank you all for being with me. For being patient, kind, funny and caring. For being my friend. For mostly just being there. You know who you are.



All photos belong to shewithacapitalV

No comments: